The Repco Race to the Sky is now the longest gravel hillclimb in the world. More than 100 competitors in cars, motorcycles, quads and off-roaders will navigate the Cardrona Valley course (14.5 km in length, including 135 corners and climbs from 450 to 1500 metres above sea level) vying for the prestigious title of the Repco Race to the Sky King of the Mountain Champion and their class victories!
The best seat in the house will be easy to find in the main spectator area on the edge of the Repco Race to the Sky event village, facing the famous Cardrona hillside and in full sight of the big screen placed on the start flats. From the southern end of the pits, spectators can also access the walkway which leads to the bridge and walking access for viewing from turn one.
There’ll be plenty to keep the whole family entertained with a festival atmosphere in the event village, including:
- Wanaka songstress Jody Direen on stage.
- Multiple champion motocross trials rider Jake Whitaker and his crew demonstrate their skills on specialised motorbikes over a cool obstacle course on the start flats.
- An impressive team of ten title-winning wood-choppers from Otago Southland demonstrate how to swing an axe using good balance and hand-eye coordination on the standing block in the family area.
- Lots of great kids’ entertainment with a monstrous Spiderweb climbing structure, giant games, face painting and a bouncy castle.
- Access to the competitors’ pit area – talk with the drivers and riders, collect autographs and check out the huge variety of awesome machines contesting the longest gravel hillclimb in the world.
Tickets will be available at the gate. An adult day ticket is $50 (for 16 years and over). Children under 16 years of age are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
The weekend pass option at $80 is not available at the gate, and are pre-sales only. Please visit www.ticketdirect.co.nz (print your own e-ticket option only) or the Highlands Motorsport Park office to purchase these by 5pm Friday, 17 April.